Broad Spectrum Horse Minerals - 5Kg
Horse Minerals - *broad spectrum*
PN Broad Spectrum Horse Minerals are a concentrated broad spectrum mineral formula derived from a selection of sea minerals and sea plants, kelp, minerals from pristine deposits of age old healing plants and herbs, dolomite, bentonite, diatomite, MSM sulphur, garlic, and other essential herb and plant derived minerals and nutrients.
Horses obtain their mineral nutrition through the feed they eat. In the ideal horse world horses would get to roam free and graze on pastures of their choice, especially those that are high in minerals. In today's world many horses are locked up in small paddocks and fed in troughs with hay or grain or processed feeds and in many cases only fed what the horses owner can afford. These small paddocks may have some feed in them, but many are over grazed, weathered and the pastures depleted of nutrition. Minerals are needed to help your horse mature, maintain energy and performance, and help prevent health problems. Horses’ mineral requirements will vary depending on their weight, age, breed and available food intake.
Some of what you will find in these broad spectrum minerals:
- Calcium (Ca) is important in bone development and maintenance.
- Phosphorus (P) is also important in bone formation and maintenance.
- Magnesium (Mg) is important in skeletal development, muscles, and nervous tissue.
- Potassium (K) is important in maintaining adequate cellular pH.
- Sodium (Na) has a similar function to potassium but more important for horses that work hard or sweat.
- Iron (Fe) is important as a part of blood haemoglobin.
- Zinc (Zn) is important in bone development, healthy hooves and coat, and reproduction.
- Manganese (Mn) is important in cartilage and bone development and mineral utilization.
- Copper (Cu) is important in bone and cartilage development and iron utilization.
- Iodine (I) is important in the production of the hormone thyroxine.
- Cobalt (Co) is important for the synthesis of vitamin B12.
- Selenium (Se) is important for reproduction, growth, and the immune system.
Plus many other micro minerals - see the leaflet for all other details.
Yearlings: Add 30 grams of Horse Minerals to daily feed mix.
Mares and working horses: add 40 to 50 grams per day in feed mix
Stallions: add 40 grams to daily feed mix
If grazing, leave in feed trough for horses to access freely
If you want to order direct as a regular customer & save on the retail price by becoming an annual member, please contact us for further details, or go online here